Wednesday 16 January 2013

make my own ... diary

This is something I would love to do - make my own book. I have a book about bookbinding but it's pretty intense so I think I need to start more simply.

If you fancy creating your own diary for 2013, or a journal or notebook, then do have a look at some of these tutorials.


If you've already got a diary, or a book that's just a little bit boring, then have a look at this tutorial that shows you how to create a fabric cover for any book, with handy inner pockets too!

making fabric cover diary



Not an easy project, but a stunning result with a leather-covered book. I guess you could substitute faux leather, or even fabric.

leather covered notebook



If you really want to get back to basics, then follow this tutorial to create the actual pages. Total crafting DIY and wonderfully satisfying. It's very high on my to-do list...

creating book pages



Create mini diaries - this tutorial is so simple, and since the books are so tiny you can use odds and ends of favourite materials you have lying around! The tutorial gives you three ways to make a journal - advanced, intermediate and easy breezy ... Take your pick or start at the beginning ...

mini journals



And finally, if you know a little about Photoshop and fancy creating a travel journal, then take a look at this tutorial. I know my limits but this inspires me to stretch them ... beautiful.

photoshop travel journal

Have you ever made your own diary? And did it encourage you to journal more? I hope you find something here to inspire you.

5 comments:

  1. I've got some bookbinding stuff too, but we haven't looked at it yet (we've got so much that we want to try, it's ridiculous!). I like the idea of mini-diaries too. =0)
    Just this morning on the news I saw that a kiddo left their "Rules to Live By" journal at a Walmart, and an employee is trying to find the owner. It's full of little simple rules, like: No singing at the table; Be nice to others...So fun, simple and cute. A child's take on the rules of the world!
    ~Kim
    http://2justByou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean about having just too many things you want to try!
      Aw, that journal sounds so sweet. Writing in a diary or a notebook or just on the back of a receipt - it's all worthwhile when the sentiments are good :)

      Delete
  2. I love stationary and always browse journals, but it'd be great to make one myself. Some great tutorials, especially the mini-journal one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment :-) Yes, I'm a bit of a stationary junkie myself, so being able to make my own would be fantastic...;-)

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment - it makes my day to read what you say!