Wednesday 9 January 2013

make my own ... bag

I love bags. Adore them. Far more than shoes or boots. A bag will never pinch your toes, give you blisters, or make your feet ache.

They. All. Fit.

And I never throw a bag away, so I've had to be far more careful about buying new ones. Instead, I keep all my old ones (much to the horror of my other half), and bring them out when I need a certain look, depending on season or mood, or just fancy a change.

At the moment, I am (re-)loving a vintage Gap red berry suede slouch bag, but I have also discovered a world of bag-making opportunities and know that, when I eventually get a sewing machine (and figure out how to use it), more bags will be mine again ...

Here are some bag patterns that I've discovered, and that I'm holding onto, for when my sewing get-round-to-it is sorted out...

The pleated tote bag created by Ellen at The Long Thread
pleated tote bag by the long thread

The reversible tote bag designed by Novita at Very Purple Person
reversible tote bag

The Grandview bag created by Emily at The Boy Trifecta
grandview bag

The Monk's bag designed by Mari at The Purl Bee
the Monk's bag

The bow bag created by Nat at Made By Night
the bow bag
Any favourites here? And anything you love that one day, some day, you just know you'll make your own? Do share!

4 comments:

  1. That is so sweet of you to include my tutorial amongst this awesome selection... which would pretty much also be my list of favorites ;-)
    thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliment! And for making the beautiful bag and sharing it with everyone. It really is beautiful :-)

      Delete
  2. I really like that last bag. I also like the reversible one. I don't think I'm brave enough to try making a bag...I can't sew!
    ~Kim
    http://2justByou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me neither, to be honest! Well, not in a proper way - I can darn... But I like to dream I can make things, and bags in near the top of my dream list...;-)

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment - it makes my day to read what you say!